- Archaeology for Kids - From Mr. Donn.
- ArchNet - This site covers all phases of archaeology and has links to web sites by location or subject matter.
- Archaeology in the News
- Anthropology in the News - Links to current news stories in anthropology and archaeology.
- World Atlas of Archaeology on the Web - Search for archaeological information by country. From About.Com.
Ancient History in General
- Ancient Web - Go to the Explore option on the menu to find articles on ancient cultures all over the world.
- Ancient and Classic Cultures - Links to web sites for many regions. By the Homework Center of the Multnomah Public Library.
- Ancient Scripts - An introduction to writing in the ancient world and information on the individual languages.
- Mr. Donn's Ancient History Page - Information and activities for many ancient cultures such as Egypt, Greece, Italy, China and India. There are things here for both teachers and students.
- Daily Life in Ancient Civilizations - Find out about everyday life in ancient China, India, Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
- Prehistoric People - links for web sites and some good ideas for school projects.
- Who's Who of Early Man - A good introduction to the development of early man from 3 million BC to 25,000 BC.
- Prehistoric Man - Links to topics such as prehistoric art and prehistoric daily life.
- The Evolution of Man - From the BBC.
- Ancient Egypt - A nice introduction to ancient Egypt with pictures, explanations, stories, and games. Maybe not the place to go if you need to write a really long report.
- Ancient Egypt - There is a lot of information here. From Kidipede.
- Egyptian Mythology Gallery - Information on Egyptian gods.
- Guardian's Ancient Egypt Kid Connection - Information about gods, mummies, and pyramids. There are also games, quizzes, and things to make.
- Pyramids: The Inside Story - Explore the inside of a pyramid and find out how they were built.
- Tombs of Ancient Egypt - A video from National Geographic.
Ancient Near East
- Mesopotamia - Excellent site from the British Museum. It has information about the cultures of Assyria, Babylon and Sumer.
- Ancient Mesopotamia - Information and lots of pictures from the University of Chicago.
- A Bequest Unearthed: Phoenicia - Very comprehensive web site.
- The Persians - This is an introduction to the history of the Persians. From Kidipede.
- The Hittes - an ancient people who lived from 1600 to 1200 BCE.
- Canaan and Ancient Israel - Information about the land and the people from the University of Pennsylvania Museum.
- The Megiddo Expedition - Site of epic battles in ancient times.
- Ancient Greece - A good introduction to ancient Greece.
- Ancient Greece - You will find all kinds of information about ancient Greece in this site by Mr. Donn.
- Ancient Greece - from BBC Schools.
- Homer - Information on the Iliad and Odyssey from About.Com.
- The Iliad - One of the most important stories ever told. Every Greek school child would have know this story.
- Ancient Greek Architecture - the ancient Greeks are famous for their beautiful buildings.
- Hellas.Net - A history of ancient Greece from the stone age to 146 BC.
- The Mysterious Etruscans - These people lived on the Italian Peninsula before the Romans.
- Classics Unveiled - This site has sections on Roman history and Roman life. There is also a section on Roman mythology. This site was written by students at the York Mills C. I. in Ontario, Canada.
- Ancient Rome - Children's Section - A good introduction to Roman life, and you can click on the Grown Up section to learn more.
- The Romans - Information about ancient Rome. This site also has some videos of ancient Roman sites.
- Forum Romanum - A tour of virtual Rome along with information on history, literature and language. You will also find Christmas carols in Latin.
- Pompeii - Pompeii was a busy Roman city until 79 AD when the the volcano Vesuvius erupted and buried the city under lava and ashes.
- Pompeii: Window on Ancient Rome - See Pompeii in this YouTube video.
- Roman Emperors - Biographies of the emperors.
- The Romans in Britain - Information about Roman life, the Roman army, and a good timeline.
- Aztec History - Lots and lots of information about the Aztecs.
- Ancient Mexico
- A Timeline of Mexican History
- Mayan Kids - An introduction to the ancient Maya.
- The Maya - Find out more about the Maya at this site by Mr. Donn.
- Ancient Mayan Civilization - Links to more information from KidsKonnect.
- Mayan Calendar Tools - Covert Mayan and Gregorian dates.
- The Mesoamerican Ballgame - Learn about the earliest team sport in history where losing could really mean death. You will need to have version 5 of a browser to see this site correctly.
- The Nazca Culture - These early people of Peru made huge drawings in the desert. From Inside Peru
- The Moche - Early people of Peru who made really beautiful pottery. This site is from Inside Peru.
- The Incredible Incas for Kids - The Inca lived in what is now Ecuador and Peru.
- Machu Picchu - The lost city of the Incas. This is a video by Nation
- Lost Amazon Complex Found - In 2010, satellite images showed what may be a lost civilization in the Amazon rain forest. This article is from the National Geographic.
- The Conquistadors - Learn about the Spaniards who invaded ancient South America.
- History of China - This site has a timeline in addition to information on Chinese history.
- Ancient China - A great site by the British Museum.
- Chinese Dynasties
- The Mongols in World History - The world of Genghis Khan and Marco Polo.
- Japanese History - History and links to other sites by Japan-Guide.Com.
- The Samurai Archives - Lots of information about the samurai.
- Ancient India - This is a good introduction to the geography, culture, and religions of early India. This web site is by the British Museum.
- The Ancient Indus Valley - The Harappan culture of India and Pakistan.
- The History of Thailand
- The History of Cambodia
- The Lost City of Angkor Wat - A video from National Geographic about this Cambodian city.
- East and SouthEast Asia - Directory of Internet Resources including history sites.